Know how to contact Public Safety or the Police
- Know the emergency telephone number for your campus Public Safety or Police department.
- Keep the emergency phone numbers near your phones (stickers, magnets, etc.).
- Program emergency phones numbers into your personal cell phone.
- Learn where the campus emergency telephones (Blue Light Telephones) are located on campus and learn how to use them.
- Learn where other emergency telephones are located throughout campus (chemistry labs. woodworking areas, etc.).
- Ensure that you are subscribed to the campus mass notification system on campus.
- Participate in any campus emergency transmitter, whistle, or other safety programs being offered.